For people with complex needs, ASD and/or Learning Disability
Old Orchard is situated in Ashford and provides a Learning Disability and/or Autistic Specific Supported Living Service, addressing environmental, sensory, behavioural and communication needs specific to Autism and/or Learning Disability needs. The company has other established support models offering a quality service to this customer group.
We aim to offer an environment and approach that will seek to maximize the potential of each individual, promote a quality of life and encourage and support full citizenship within their local community.
The houses will be situated within walking distance of local amenities and easily accessible to immediate villages and Ashford town centre.
Service Aim - Support
- Provision of support and enablement for customers with Autistic Specific and/or Learning Disability needs.
- Provision of meaningful occupation that takes in to account bespoke need and aligns with outcomes and person centered planning.
- It will seek to support the on-going development of social skills, sensory, behavioural and communication needs specific to the individual need.
- Outcome focused activity and weekly planners will be developed with each individual.
- Weekly updates and diary reports (including photos) can be provided to families/NOK/representatives via email.
- We will support the individual(s) to maintain relationships with families and friends.
- Rooms can be personalized and decorated to the individual taste.
- We will support the tenants to have as much participation in the running of their home as possible; as such, resident/representatives meetings, keyworker meetings and regular feedback surveys all play a large part in ensuring a quality service that meets individual need and maintains customer care.
- We will seek to provide consistent staffing input to promote a positive relationship between individual and staff members.
- The staff team will have received training in Learning Disability Awareness, Autism Awareness, Communication Techniques (such as PECS, Makaton, Objects of Reference) and Positive Behaviour Support Training (PBST) and will continue to receive specific training bespoke to the needs of the customer group.
- Each staff member will have received training in all our designated mandatory fields and receive regular ‘observed practice’ and supervisions to ensure on-going professional development.
- Staffing will be offered throughout a 24 hour period with a ‘sleep-in’ on duty during the night (waking night can also be offered, at an additional cost, should this be needed).
- 1:1 support will be commissioned as assessed and required throughout the day hours.
- CQC registered - last inspection March 2016 with ‘Good’ outcome in all 5 fields.
Each tenant has their own tenancy agreement with the landlord, individual keys to their room/s can be made available and of course the responsibilities that go with this. The tenancy is not a furnished tenancy, however there are all the necessary communal furniture and equipment at the house for their use.
The rental levels for tenants is dependent on the faciltiies they have and reflective of housing benefit levels for the house and area.
The rent includes;
- CLEANING, CLEANING EQUIPMENT & MATERIALS FOR COMMUNAL AREAS (CUSTOMERS PAY A PORTION FOR THEIR ROOMS)
- GARDEN MAINTENANCE & EQUIPMENT
- ELECTRICAL AND GAS INSPECTIONS/MAINTENANCE/SERVICING
- COMMUNAL LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT; WASHING MACHINES, AIRERS (NOT TUMBLE DRYERS
- FIRE ALARM, FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT, EMERGENCY LIGHTING + MAINTENANCE,
- CARPETS, CURTAINS, COMMUNAL FURNISHINGS
- COMMUNAL TV (INCLUDING LICENCE) AND AERIAL
- BUILDING AND CONTENTS INSURANCE
In addition to this, tenants contribute to all utilities and their food each week. We have a baseline utility figure, which is reviewed quarterly. The utility bills are shared between the tenants and the support agency (in recognition of their 24:7 presence.
Quality Assurance and Governance:
As a company, we aim to provide the best support to the highest standard for all our customers. As such, we have a robust Quality Assurance programme in place that supports on-going learning and professional development for the staff team, the service and the company whilst most importantly, maintaining a high quality of customer care.